As your pastor, I greet each of you in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. By the grace of God, we have made it to the conclusion of April. We have been physically apart for almost seven weeks, but I hope that we will be able to see each other, worship together and fellowship with one another soon (maybe by June). In the meantime, please adhere to the following:
- Be safe. The “shelter in place” has been extended through May 31st with some exceptions. Remember, the more we stay apart, the sooner we can be back together.
- Listen to my podcast messages. We have over 5,000 people weekly who are listening to the podcast messages which is exceptional, so please continue to listen and share these messages with others. Since many do not have online capabilities, people can now also listen to the podcast message each Sunday at 11 am by dialing the following: CALL-IN NUMBER: +1 470-236-0037 | CALL-IN PIN: 944 851 735#
- Partake in the Online Lord’s Supper. We will experience Communion together this Sunday promptly at 8:00 am and 1:30 pm. You will need to have some bread or a cracker, and you will also need some grape juice (or something similar). The dial-in information is below: CALL-IN NUMBER: +1 225-442-0084 | CALL-IN PIN: 367 995 477#
- Participate in Online Sunday School. We are reaching more in Sunday School than ever. If you need information regarding the different Sunday School classes and scheduled times, you can visit our website (sjmbc.org).
- Enjoy an Online Bible Study. Dr. Lyman Alexander is leading us in a study through the book of Colossians each Wednesday at 7 pm; hence, I encourage everyone to participate. More information about this is available on our website (sjmbc.org).
- Pray mightily. Online Prayer Meetings will continue Wednesday at 12 noon and 6:30 pm., and more information about this is available on our website (sjmbc.org). Moreover, please continue to pray at least 3 times daily (1st prayer between 12-6 am) because the prayers of the righteous availeth much!
- Share some love. Sis. Mary Louise Prentice mourns the loss of one of her twin daughters who passed last Saturday afternoon.
- Assist others. Please make sure other St. John members are receiving information and messages from the pastor. Unfortunately, I do not have the email address of everyone, and many are incapable of communicating electronically, so please help the parishioners that I am not able to reach.
- I need to hear from you. If you and I have not communicated since we have been sheltered in place, please email me or write me briefly letting me know how you are doing. (I am very concerned about you.)
- Thank you. So many of you are still blessing me with birthday gifts, so please know how appreciative I am to you for sharing your blessings with me and making my birthday (April 19th) very special and enjoyable.
- Support St. John financially with your tithes and offerings. Our church is still in business, but our income is about 60-70% of usual. Remember, our two-fold emphasis is Commitment and Unity which pertains to our giving also; hence, I encourage each of us to give faithfully and generously. You can mail your Tithes and Offerings to our St. John South Campus (662 South 52nd Street—Richmond, CA 94804), or you can give online by going through our website (sjmbc.org). Although I do not recommend this next option, if you prefer, you can also set aside weekly your Tithes and Offerings and give the total amount (individual checks, one check or cash) the Sunday we resume corporate worship. To those of you who have been giving, thank you so much, and may God bless you more abundantly.
In conclusion, while “sheltered in place,” be well and do well. Paul said: “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not” (Gal. 6:9).
May God Bless And Sustain Each Of Us.
Your Servant In Christ,
Dr. Kevin B. Hall, Pastor