Greetings to everyone in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Although I miss seeing, worshipping and fellowshipping with everyone, I am learning how to enjoy life despite being “sheltered in place,” and I trust that you are doing likewise. We have been deprived of assembling together for almost six weeks, and I have done my best to minister and communicate to you. Although I am mindful of belaboring the same message weekly, allow me to share as follows:
- Be safe. In counties such as ours, we are now required to wear a mask in most cases if we choose to be in public; moreover, we are still exhorted to “shelter in place” as much as possible.
- Listen to my podcast messages. We have over 5,000 people weekly who are listening to the podcast messages which is exceptional, so please continue to listen and share these messages with others.
- Participate in Sunday School. We are reaching more in Sunday School than ever. If you need information regarding the different Sunday School classes and scheduled times, you can visit our website (sjmbc.org).
- Enjoy an online Bible Study. Beginning next Wednesday at 7 pm, Dr. Lyman Alexander will begin a study through the book of Colossians, and I encourage everyone to participate. More information about this will be available tomorrow on our website (sjmbc.org).
- Pray mightily. Online Prayer Meetings will begin next Wednesday at 12 noon and 6:30 pm., and more information about this will be available tomorrow on our website (sjmbc.org). Moreover, please continue to pray at least 3 times daily (1st prayer between 12-6 am) because the prayers of the righteous availeth much! For example, I asked everyone yesterday to pray for Bro. Anthony Jones. Though the medical staff was not hopeful, though Bro. Anthony Jones was resuscitated three times, today he is miraculously doing well! Hallelujah!
- Assist others. Please make sure other St. John members are receiving information and messages from the pastor. Unfortunately, I do not have the email address of everyone, and many are incapable of communicating electronically, so please help the parishioners that I am not able to reach.
- Thank you. So many of you blessed me with birthday gifts, so please know how appreciative I am to you for sharing your blessings with me and making my birthday (April 19th) very special and enjoyable.
- Support St. John with your tithes and offerings. Our church is still in business, but our income is about 60-70% of usual. Remember, our two-fold emphasis is Commitment and Unity which pertains to our giving also; hence, I encourage each of us to give faithfully and generously. You can mail your Tithes and Offerings to our St. John South Campus (662 South 52nd Street—Richmond, CA 94804), or you can give online by going through our website (sjmbc.org). Although I do not recommend this next option, if you prefer, you can also set aside weekly your Tithes and Offerings and give the total amount (individual checks, one check or cash) the Sunday we resume corporate worship. To those of you who have been giving, thank you so much, and may God bless you more abundantly.
In conclusion, I appreciate Queen Elizabeth’s message about two weeks ago: “The Coronavirus will not overcome us.” Although most of us have never experienced anything like this, be encouraged knowing that we shall overcome! The Apostle Paul said: “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us” (Rom. 8:37).
May God Bless And Sustain Each Of Us.
Your Servant In Christ,
Dr. Kevin B. Hall, Pastor